Re: About Guile crypto support

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: About Guile crypto support
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:14:53 +0100

Mike Gran <address@hidden> skribis:

> Right now, the Guile project does a poor job of testing Guile on
> multiple platforms.  Hydra does check that i686-linux, x86_64-linux
> and x86_64-darwin compile, but, that's about the extent of multi-platform
> testing.  (There are Hydra jobs for Cygwin and Solaris, but, they are
> broken; and FreeBSD hasn't built successfully in a year or so on 2.0)

Actually --without-threads builds work on FreeBSD, but there’s a known
problem in the tracker about threading there.

I see the Darwin machines at hydra.nixos.org are currently down, I’ll
ping the admins (Darwin builds have been fairly reliable over the
years.)

I admit that Solaris and Cygwin are more problematic, though I did some
work in the past to help with those.

> Guile has some talented hackers, and maybe they could write a better
> dynamic linker than libtool, but, history suggests that Guile might
> lose interest in maintaining such code for non-GNU systems.

I tend to agree.  This is typically where ltdl is supposed to help.

Ludo’.