Re: About Guile crypto support

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: About Guile crypto support
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 21:58:40 +0800

hi Noah!

On Mon, 2013-02-04 at 21:57 -0500, Noah Lavine wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I was just thinking about this, and I was wondering, can you hash an
> arbitrary Guile object? And if so, what do you hash? (I mean,
> algorithms like SHA-1 are defined on sequences of bits, as I
> understand it. So what collection of bits do you hash?) And is the
> hash recursive? (I.e. is it an equal?-hash, an eqv?-hash, or an
> eq?-hash.)
>

> If I understand the conversation correctly, the answer is yes, and
> that you hash the bit representation that Guile uses internally, and
> it is an equal?-hash. Is that accurate?

According to our talking about this topic, I'll explain something ;-P
My goal is not to hash arbitrary object. As I said, I'm dealing with
Server-design and web-framework, so what I need is to hash bytevectors
and strings. Since Guile2 uses character-string instead of byte-string,
I have to mention strings separately.

Thanks!