Re: syntax closures

From: Stefan Israelsson Tampe
Subject: Re: syntax closures
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 00:24:13 +0100

Hi,

I managed to do what you said, the result is at

https://gitorious.org/syntax-closures

I changed it so that it is enough to do

(use-modules (srfi srfi-72))

and hacking along with it using both
#, and #,@

Especially #,@ was difficult but using the ck macro
the appending become more natural. I would expect
the code to be quite expensive computationally though.

On a side note, the quasisyntax expander will severely
transform syntaxes of the form (a b c #,@( ...) a) though
and therefore any macro that assume that this list can have
some form on say 'a b c', will fail because the whole list will
be transformed by quasisyntax. It is possible to introduce splicing
macros in psyntax I think and then the system would be even more
true to the srfi-72. Because I suspect that the srfi-72 spec and
the huge transformation of the list e.g. append macros, does not
mix well.

Anyway it was a fun hack, thanks!
/Stefan