Re: Guile Lua

From: nalaginrut
Subject: Re: Guile Lua
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 11:20:38 +0800

On Mon, 2012-11-19 at 22:07 +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi!
>
> nalaginrut <address@hidden> skribis:
>
> > I'd like to know what work should the maintainer take? As I know there's
> > some work has been done, but it didn't merge into stable-2.0. What's the
> > rest work? Does it work now?
>
> I think the first task for you (congratulations! ;-)) or anyone else
> interested will be to check out the branch, build it, assess it, and
> tell us what it’s current status is.

I switch to lua branch then compiled it and try, seems some bugs there,
it can't run successfully:
-------------------cut--------------------
scheme@(guile-user)> ,L lua
Happy hacking with Lua!  To switch back, type `,L scheme'.
lua@(guile-user)> x=1
[enter]
[enter]
[enter]
^CWhile reading expression:
ERROR: User interrupt
lua@(guile-user)>

And I checked the code, it doen't use Guile inner LALR parser.
Anybody point me out what is the suggested parser implementation? The
inner scheme-LALR(which contains GLR also) or manual parser generator?
Which is better for a practical multi-lang implementation?

And is there anyone ever evaluated the efficiency about the non-scheme
language implemented within Guile?
Anyway, this wouldn't be a big problem, since Guile could be the future
dynamic language compiler collection, it could be optimized later.