Re: guile --listen fix

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: guile --listen fix
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 01:48:58 -0400

Hi Ian,

Sorry for sending two emails in quick succession, but I just realized that there is one minor problem with your proposed commit which should ideally be fixed: the commit log message.

* module/ice-9/command-line.scm (compile-shell-switches): @@ no longer
  supports arbitrary expressions, only identifiers.

The commit log should briefly describe the changes made within the associated patch. The rationale for the changes should be secondary, and arguably do not belong in the commit log at all.

In this case, your commit log does not describe your changes at all. It contains only the rationale.

The result is quite misleading, because it suggests that your commit changed the way '@@' behaves. It would perhaps have been a suitable commit log for my earlier commit (8210c85), but it is quite inappropriate for your commit.

     Mark