Re: guile --listen fix

From: Ian Price
Subject: Re: guile --listen fix
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 20:59:25 +0100

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:

> Your fixes look good to me.  It would be good to add tests for the
> listen option also.

(system repl server) does need tests, no question. But, I'm not sure how
I would test the command-line stuff. I suppose we could run a guile
instance with various arguments, have it output relevant variables, and
check the output. Hmm. This seems like it would be problematic with
--listen though, since we'd need to run two instances, and make some
visible changes to the instance. Maybe I just haven't thought it through
enough.

--
Ian Price -- shift-reset.com

"Programming is like pinball. The reward for doing it well is
the opportunity to do it again" - from "The Wizardy Compiled"