Re: wip-rtl native closure creation

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: wip-rtl native closure creation
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 11:32:00 +0200

On Sun 05 Aug 2012 17:19, Stefan Israelsson Tampe <address@hidden> writes:

> Probably it is best to have the first qword / dword in the code to be
> 0 or the native adress e.g. I propose to add that feature to the
> rtl-branch.

Good question!  Given the different tradeoffs, that seems workable.
Another possibility would be to use a different TC7 for native
procedures.  After all, the only calls we need to make cheaply are
native->native and bytecode->bytecode, and the rest can go through a
general dispatch loop (possibly with inline caching).  WDYT?  (Also note
that RTL words are 32 bits wide, which may or may not be sufficient for
native code pointers.)

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/