Re: bug#11198: prefab structs in guile

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: bug#11198: prefab structs in guile
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 22:57:00 +0200

Hello,

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> skribis:

>   Then you would modify the reader to call out to (ice-9 prefab) with
> the list after #s, e.g. the (foo ...) in #s(foo ...).  (ice-9 prefab)
> would return the record, creating the RTD if needed.

The problem with this is that one could precisely forge instances of a
given record type, thereby breaking the type safety we currently have
(each instance of a record type is genuine, in the sense of Rees’ “A
Security kernel Based on the Lambda-Calculus”.)

Does Racket address this somehow?

Thanks,
Ludo’.