Re: wip-cse

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: wip-cse
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 10:20:45 +0200

Hi!

I went ahead and pushed this branch to stable-2.0.  We can roll it out
again if it causes problems.

I spent some time poking at vlists and ended up squeezing out a little
bit of performance.  I ended up allocating the hash table data inline to
the content vector, after some care looking at what the optimizer was
doing, and that ended up being a win.  There are a couple of smaller
wins there too.  Compilation is still a bit slower though.  Grrr.

Some time soon we need to look at doing a register VM.

Regards,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/