Re: About sweet-expression

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: About sweet-expression
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:16:46 +0800

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 2:42 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Nala Ginrut <address@hidden> writes:

> I try to port sweet-_expression_ to newest Guile. Fortunately, the
> author wrote a compatible version for old Guile in 2008. So I just try
> to rewrite part of it for some obvious reasons. It woks fine now.
>
> Though some guys doesn't like sweet-_expression_ at all (OK, they're
> real Lispers! But me too ;-)). I'm not a big fan to write Scheme like
> this:
> -----------------------
> define fibfast(n)
>   if {n < 2}
>     fibup(n 2 1 0)
> -----------------------
> But I think it maybe useful for newbies especially came from Python of
> C.

That's like thinking the easiest path for a Franch-speaking newbie to
learn English is to start by learning Latin.

You'll find that kind of opinion expressed mostly by people fascinated
with Latin rather than English.

Oh~well, let them be. This sweet won't make Latin fans engulf English world.
Take it easy. I believe it's a good way to show how prefix is better than infix in some cases.

--
David Kastrup