Re: ice-9 async-queue

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: ice-9 async-queue
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 18:53:13 +0100

Hi Ludo :)

Picking up some loose ends...

On Wed 08 Feb 2012 14:44, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> What do you think of adding a ‘cancel’ primitive to futures?

It sounds good, but tricky to implement.  I'm also not sure it's exactly
the right interface -- for example, Java seems to have switched entirely
away from the "cancel" API to the "interrupt" API.  But you would know
more about that than I would.  Would you use cancel-thread or would you
have the thread raise an exception via an async, or what?

Curiously yours,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/