Re: unknown location: definition in expression context in subform optnam

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: unknown location: definition in expression context in subform optname-from of "_^"
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 02:02:59 -0500

Hi Bruce,

In case you didn't see the other thread here on guile-devel: the bugs
with this error message (and a few others) have been fixed on the
stable-2.0 branch, such that with Guile 2.0.4 the error message would
have been something like this:

  /old-home/ROOT/usr/local/share/autogen/aginfo.tpl:171:2: definition in
expression context, where definitions are not allowed, in form (define
optname-from "_^")

Bruce Korb <address@hidden> writes:
> I need to be able to locate a guile scheme expression in my ASCII
> text input and hand it off to Guile, telling it the file name and
> line number and column number of where I found the string.

I agree that we should add a function or two to handle this more
conveniently.  Let's talk about it after 2.0.4 has been released, and
hopefully we can get it into 2.0.5.

    Thanks,
      Mark