Re: Names for PEG Functions

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: Names for PEG Functions
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 15:15:47 -0500

I did the renames. I had to push them as a new branch,
'wip-peg-fixed-2', because I also rebased on a more recent version of
master to avoid some build problems. However, the peg patches are
independent of everything that's been happening in master and
stable-2.0, so they should apply to both branches cleanly (except
possibly for merging the makefiles).

The new names are:

define-peg-pattern: define a nonterminal from an s-expression
define-peg-string-patterns: define many nonterminals from a string
match-pattern: see if a nonterminal matches a string
search-for-pattern: see if a nonterminal matches a string, starting at
each successive offset until a match is found or you reach the end
compile-peg-pattern: turn an s-expression or a string into syntax
which defines a parser for the given pattern

The only weirdness I can see is that we don't really need two
define-peg-* things, because the macro could just detect whether it
got a string or an s-expression and do the right thing. I can fix that
if other people think it should be done.

Noah