Re: Some guile-unify activities

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Some guile-unify activities
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 14:42:58 +0200

On Mon 09 May 2011 13:15, Stefan Israelsson Tampe <address@hidden> writes:

> Hmm, type annotations in typed racket is defined according to
>
> http://docs.racket-lang.org/ts-guide/more.html#%28part._.Type_.Annotation_and_.Binding_.Forms%29
>
> Any objections against that scheme? ideas?

I think that what I'm primarily interested in is a way to annotate
tree-il with type information, which the compiler may use to generate
more efficient code.  However I think it's premature to bless a
particular encoding of that information in Scheme, or any particular
type system... basically it should be a field in the tree-il, I think,
and anything else can be built on top of that.

MHO anyway :)  But yes, there is a lot to learn from Racket about this.
They've done the most advanced work that I'm aware of.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/