Re: enhancement requests ("load-ignoring-cached-go")

From: Wolfgang J Moeller
Subject: Re: enhancement requests ("load-ignoring-cached-go")
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 12:21:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Andy,

>[...]
> >>
> >> I have added a --fresh-auto-compile argument to Guile, or equivalently
> >> GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=fresh.  Hopefully that should hack around Guile's
> >> missing dependency tracker for the time being.
> >
> > Sorry, that's not what I intended.
>
> I realize that it's not what you originally asked for.  However I don't
> currently know how to support .go alongside .scm files, if you don't
> explicitly compile them yourself and set GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH.
>[...]

In my browser, searching the Guile Reference Manual
( http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual) Indices
for GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH ... no hits ... looking up LOAD ...
incidentally noting that there's PRIMITIVE-LOAD which _allegedly_
does the same as LOAD, except for the optional argument ...
wondering ... setting %load-hook as described on that page ...
finding that it _often_ remains silent (V2.0.0!) ... and now
wondering if the %load-hook message is telling me precisely
that a "load from source w/o autocompilation" is taking place -
in which case, PRIMITIVE-LOAD was apparently
the "load-ignoring-cached-go" I'm asking for!

(Meanwhile found GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH on the manpage ;-().

Now, I don't care for %load-hook, but you tell me
what PRIMITIVE-LOAD is _intended_ to do!

Best regards,

Wolfgang J. Moeller, Tel. +49 551 47361, wjm<AT>heenes.com
37085 Goettingen, Germany | Disclaimer: No claim intended!
http://www.wjmoeller.de/ -+-------- http://www.heenes.com/