Re: more define-inlinable-related breakage

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: more define-inlinable-related breakage
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 22:36:58 +0200

Hey,

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> What should we do here?  Here are a few options:
>
>   1) Require people to recompile all the time.  Sucks.
>
>   2) Implement some sort of proper dependency management.  Tricky,
>      because installing a new version of package A could force a
>      recompile of all dependent packages; tough to get right on a
>      package-management level.
>
>   3) Declare that private names referenced by macro expansions are
>      actually API that should not break.

I guess the short-term solution is (3).

Before 2.0.1 is out, what about amending
531c9f1dc51c4801c4d031ee80a31f15285a6b85 to keep a dash instead of a
space in procedure names?

As a side effect, we’ll get unused-toplevel warnings.  These should be
solved differently anyway [0]...

Thanks,
Ludo’.

[0] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.guile.devel/9863