Re: Problems with guile-sqlite3

From: Detlev Zundel
Subject: Re: Problems with guile-sqlite3
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 23:28:39 +0200

Hi Andy,

> On Mon 04 Apr 2011 18:22, Detlev Zundel <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> I spotted where the problem comes from: it is when a text value is empty. I
>>> have
>>> produced a small but complete example [attached]: can you reproduce it ?
>>
>> Yes, thanks for the test case, I can now reproduce it and hopefully the
>> attached patches work for you also.
>
> I have added you to the gitorious repo.  Feel free to push your patches
> there :-)

Hey thanks!  Still I'd welcome if you at least look over my changes and
give me some hints if you see room for improvements - most of what I did
in scheme in the past was in scsh ;)

As I said in my previous mail, I'd like to know if there is a better way
to handle the null pinter problem reported by Dave, e.g. does guile have
a null-pointer? or something comparable more gentle on the eyes than (eq
%null-pointer ..)?  If not, would it make sens to add such a predicate?

Thanks
  Detlev

--
Once the  implementation is  up and running,  it is still a trick to keep it
running.  In a normal,  closed implementation,  this is not a problem;  in a