Re: One config issue solved, only to trip over another.

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: One config issue solved, only to trip over another.
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:58:10 -0800

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Noah Lavine <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think the list you want is in Guile's README file, which says that
> Guile depends on these libraries:

More or less.

> - libgmp
OK

> - libiconv
Not available for openSuSE

> - libintl
A perl library?

> - libltdl
> - libunistring
> - libgc
OK

> - libffi

It's installed.  The configure script doesn't detect it.  It was installed
via Yast from the openSuSE site, so I would hope the sentence,
"Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix." does not apply.

$ find /usr/lib* /usr/local/lib* -name 'libffi.*'
/usr/lib/libffi.so.4.0.1
/usr/lib/debug/usr/lib64/libffi.so.4.0.1.debug
/usr/lib/libffi.so
/usr/lib/libffi.so.4
/usr/lib/libffi.a
/usr/lib64/libffi.so.4.0.1