Re: Scheme Implementers

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: Scheme Implementers
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:29:20 -0500

Hello,

> I think several Schemes already have a dynamic FFI with a C parser.
> Bigloo has one (info "(bigloo) Automatic extern clauses generation"),
> and it’s GPL’d code, which we could reuse.  Larceny has something too.

Oh, great. Can Guile reuse GPL'd code, though, since it is LGPL? I see
that Larceny is licensed under the LGPL, but the copyright is probably
not assigned to the FSF. Would reusing that be possible?

Just to be clear about the overall idea, what I'd like to do is to
work on new features with as many people as possible, and to duplicate
as little code as possible, because I think this would lead to more
cool things made with Scheme, which would ultimately be better for all
of us who like using the language. So that is why I would like to work
with other Schemes on things like the C parser.

Noah