Re: PEG Parser

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: PEG Parser
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 20:29:23 -0500

Hello all,

> It should have produced $top_builddir/guile.info, which can be used as
> input to LCOV to generate an HTML code coverage report
> (http://ltp.sourceforge.net/coverage/lcov.php).

Oh, that worked. The current tests check 92.6% of the lines in
peg.scm, and 90.7% of the functions. I looked through lcov's HTML
guide, and it looks like what the tests miss is almost all
error-handling code. However, I must say that the HTML output looked a
bit suspicious - for instance, there were places where the first line
of a function was marked as hit, but the second line was not.

On another note, I looked at the PEG documentation, and it was quite good.

When I merged the 'mlucy' branch into Guile mainline, the merge went
almost cleanly - the only issues were a page of links in Guile's
documentation, which was a two-line issue, and ice-9/psyntax-pp.scm,
which I fixed by choosing the mainline's version and had no problems.

Given this, what are the issues blocking PEG being merged (if there
are any)? I'd like to work on them.

Noah