problem with 'compile-file'

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: problem with 'compile-file'
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 23:48:45 +0100

hi,

in a recent guile, compile-file fails to enter the debugger on (some)
errors. e.g.,

  scheme@(geiser evaluation)> (compile-file "/home/jao/tmp/dlist.scm")
  ice-9/boot-9.scm:119:21: In procedure define-module:
  ice-9/boot-9.scm:119:21: unknown keyword or bad argument

  Entering a new prompt.  Type `,bt' for a backtrace or `,q' to continue.
  scheme@(geiser evaluation)>

as you can see, despite the error message, the debugger is not entered
(and, as a consequence, geiser reports the compilation as successful,
leading to much confusion).

the contents of dlist.scm is a bogus define-module:

  (define-module (dlist)
     #:use-modules (srfi srfi-1))

                 ^ error, should be #:use-module

(ludo had the same problem once, but i forgot if it was due to the same
kind of error).

cheers,
jao
--
We live on an island surrounded by a sea of ignorance. As our island
of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance. - John Wheeler