Re: Complex, exact numbers

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: Complex, exact numbers
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:47:41 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Andy Wingo <address@hidden>
> On Mon 27 Sep 2010 00:00, Mike Gran <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Should a number be able to be both complex and exact?
>
> It can be in theory. However in Guile complex numbers are always
> inexact.
>
> Do you need exact complex numbers? It's probably possible to
> implement, but I don't know of any use for them.

I don't need them.  I was just curious.

I updated a script I had to try to exercise all possible
number, character, identifier and string branches in a R6RS parser.
I used it to examine the parsing differences between Guile-1.8.x,
Guile-1.9.x, and MzScheme, which was rather amusing.  The exact,
complex number is partially implemented by MzScheme.

Thanks,

Mike