Re: srfe records in reworked match

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: srfe records in reworked match
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 14:38:34 +0200

Hi Stefan,

Sorry for the delay.

Stefan <address@hidden> writes:

>> Ok, I put the files in a tar directory and published it at
>> http:///c-lambda.se/match.tar.gz

Cool, thanks!

So you started from Shinn’s latest match.scm, backported record-related
stuff from its match-cond-expand.scm, and added Guile-specific record
handling, is that right?

Did you get in touch with him?

>> Should we make a more thorough test suite?

More thorough than what?  Than ‘examples.scm’ if your tarball?

IMO most of this work ought to be done upstream (i.e., in collaboration
with Alex Shinn), so that it benefits most people.  Then we just need a
thin layer to integrate it in Guile (e.g., have the test suite use
Guile’s test-suite library.)

What do you think?

Thanks,
Ludo’.