Re: [Guile-commits] GNU Guile branch, wip-1-8-mingw-build, updated. rele

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: [Guile-commits] GNU Guile branch, wip-1-8-mingw-build, updated. release_1-8-7-22-g7edad77
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:07:24 +0100

On Fri 26 Mar 2010 01:31, Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
>
> But anyway, following more careful thinking and feedback from the
> "Reconsideration of MinGW" thread, I think that that method of
> cross-building (i.e. with a cross-compiler and Wine on Linux) is pretty
> unfruitful and I don't propose to continue it.

We have a cross-compilation problem in general right now, no?

Thinking a little about this, I would think that you would need a C
cross-compiler, and a Guile cross-compiler. So Guile's build needs a way
to specify a Guile to use during the build process.

> I'll leave the wip-1-8-mingw-build branch in the repository, in case
> it's of interest, and because I don't know if branches can be deleted.

To delete, git push origin :wip-1-8-mingw-build. (I'm not suggesting
that the branch be deleted.)

> Is there a nice way of marking a branch as obsolete/historical, or of
> adding an explanatory note to it?

I don't know. It would only be for purposes of gitweb/cgit, I don't
think git has this concept.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/