Re: guile arrays in 1.9

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: guile arrays in 1.9
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 17:29:13 +0100

Hi,

On Thu 07 Jan 2010 16:13, Daniel Llorens del Río <address@hidden> writes:

> array->list is broken in 1.9.6:

Ooh, I'm definitely the guilty one here. I "cleaned up" this code, with
predictable consequences.

> scheme@(guile-user)>  (array->list #(0 1))
> ERROR: Value out of range: -1

Just pushed a fix.

> Many of the syntaxes from §5.6.7.1 in the manual don't seem to work:
> #2() gives 'unrecognized object', address@hidden(1 2 3) does work but the
> bounds
> are ignored (??).  These both work with 1.8.7.
>
> There is a test-suite/tests/unif.c that is mostly unchanged from 1.8.7.
> It doesn't call array->list. Some of the tests there should  fail (e.g.
> the second test in with-test-prefix fails for me in the  REPL) yet
> check-guile.log says it passes.

Could be that the tests are running only with the interpreter, and the
bugs that you're seeing only appear when an array is attempted to be
serialized out to object code.

> Is somebody testing/using this stuff?

You are :-))

More seriously, this code has been around for a long time, but it seems
I broke it recently.
--
http://wingolog.org/