Re: Benchmark tracking

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Benchmark tracking
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 22:06:53 +0000

Mike Gran <address@hidden> writes:

> I did once play around with plotting the benchmarks.log files.
> For your bemusement, I've attached a link to a script that I wrote.
>
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/tree/benchmark-suite/benchplot?h=string_abstraction2

Thanks, Mike.  I like the idea of generating the gnuplot command file
and then running it in a separate step; may switch my code to do that
too.  I also appreciate how your code shows how to do more cunning
gnuplot things, like xtics and rotate; and the use of ~{ and ~} in
format, which I hadn't taken on board before.

My code is odd, in comparison with yours, in that it doesn't just use
`read' to read the benchmark data.  That's because I've been using the
standard output from ./benchmark-guile, which begins with two
uncommented lines:

   Benchmarking /home/neil/SW/Guile/ovnight/meta/guile ...
   with GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/home/neil/SW/Guile/ovnight/benchmark-suite
   ;; running guile version 1.9.3

But I see now that I could use benchmark-guile.log and just `read'
instead...

In summary, much appreciated!

     Neil