Re: i guess we're frozen & stuff

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: i guess we're frozen & stuff
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 09:39:28 +0200

Hello!

Ken Raeburn <address@hidden> writes:

> If we need 7.x, should we check GC_VERSION_MAJOR>=7 at compile time?

Actually, there’s infrastructure in <libguile/bdw-gc.h> to support 6.x,
which is why you were able to compile most things.

So 7.x is not /strictly/ required, but I prefer to mark it as required,
because there have been performance improvements and possibly other
useful changes, and I don’t want to maintain the compatibility layer
(7.x is already old!).

Now, I don’t feel like checking GC_VERSION_MAJOR >= 7 for now, because
checking for ‘bdw-gc.pc’ should already do the trick, and those who
forcibly use 6.x do it at their own risk.  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.