Re: build of master now fails much earlier

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: build of master now fails much earlier
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 21:36:41 +0100

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri 18 Sep 2009 13:29, Greg Troxel <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> are we really adding dependencies while we are 'frozen'???
>>
>> checking for BDW_GC... configure: error: Package requirements (bdw-gc)
>> were not met:
>
> Sorry if we did not communicate clearly; the plan was definitely to
> merge in bdw-gc before the release, and possibly during the freeze
> period.

Indeed.  This was an exception to what generally happens in a `freeze',
because merging BDW-GC was a bigger job than most merges, and it
wouldn't have helped Ludovic to have lots of other things changing at
the same time.

But sorry anyway; we're not (currently) planning any other exceptions
like that.

If you pop these into your environment, the build should get past this
point:

export BDW_GC_CFLAGS=-I/usr/include
export BDW_GC_LIBS=-lgc

Regards,