Re: `SCM_MAKE_CHAR ()' signedness issue

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: `SCM_MAKE_CHAR ()' signedness issue
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 18:25:49 -0400

On Aug 16, 2009, at 18:13, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
There's always the inline-function approach, too.

Unfortunately no, because we're still not assuming `inline' keyword
support from the compiler.

Right, but inline.h deals with that; if "inline" isn't supported you just get a declaration and make a function call. There would be a performance hit from doing the function calls all the time, but I think it would work. In fact, there are cases where the argument to SCM_MAKE_CHAR is a function invocation, where it might be beneficial for performance to not compute the value twice.

Ken