Re: entering and leaving guile mode, and GC stack protection

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: entering and leaving guile mode, and GC stack protection
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 00:06:49 +0200

Hi Ken,

On Thu 06 Aug 2009 18:30, Ken Raeburn <address@hidden> writes:

> On Aug 5, 2009, at 10:06, I wrote:
>> (3) My four-year-old comments on scm_enter/leave_guile, recorded in
>> threads.c around line 300, still stand....  Those functions really
>> ought to go away.  At least they're confined to one file, now.  Some
>> of it looks a little messy, but I can probably get rid of some of  the
>> uses....
>
> I've made a bit of progress on this.

The patches look good to me; my only wonder is what relation they have
to the BDW-GC branch Ludovic was working on. If BDW will land before
2.0, then perhaps all this mess can go away (wishful thinking);
otherwise we should apply it now (after the release). Ludovic? :)

Cheers,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/