Re: string_abstraction2 review

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: string_abstraction2 review
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 08:02:35 -0700

On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 23:12 +0200, Andy Wingo wrote:
> Howdy good sir!

I'm back on task.  I'll go through your comments from the review of a
month or so ago, and try to push the Unicode stuff next week.  Things
seem stable on my end, but, some optimization work remains to be done.

With respect to srfi-14 and char-sets, I wrote a new, Unicode capable,
one.  It is a big change, though, which might make some uneasy.  It is
in C for now, but, it certainly could go pure scheme at some point.
Using what I learned from writing the C version, I have a half-completed
version of the same in scheme as well.

The only necessary action item remaining on my srfi-14 is to hardcode
the standard char sets instead of populating them at startup, which
takes a non-trivial amount of time.

Thanks,

Mike