Re: Emacs Lisp, macros

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp, macros
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 00:15:28 +0200

Hi Daniel!

Daniel Kraft <address@hidden> writes:

> yesterday and today I implemented lambda expressions and
> defvar/defconst/defun for elisp

Great news!

> as well as found a (hopefully good) solution to automatically create
> fluids not yet present on reference.

Is each Elisp variable mapped to a fluid?  Eventually, you may need VM
instructions for fluid-{ref,set!}, to speed things up.

[...]

> Regarding the test-suite:  It seems to me there's no 'very extensive'
> and 'complete' single test-suite for guile at the moment, but I might
> be mistaken.  So maybe I should create testsuite/elisp and a
> run-elisp-tests.scm like the one for vm which loads/compiles/runs and
> all that the individual tests?  Or is there some existing framework I
> can plug my tests into?

There's 1.5 framework.  The first one is under `test-suite/tests', used
to test the API.  The remaining 0.5 is under `testsuite': it's inherited
from Guile-VM and is used to make sure interpreted and compiled code
yield the same result.

I think the best way would be to add, say,
`test-suite/tests/elisp-compiler.test' (there's already `elisp.test'),
and from there use a macro akin to Andy's `c&e' in `bytevectors.test'.

Thanks,
Ludo'.