Re: Brainfuck branch

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: Brainfuck branch
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 18:53:30 +0200

Daniel Kraft <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I just re-pushed the brainfuck branch (but should contain not much new
> as compared to the last push) after the savannah break-down.  I think
> it should have gotten right this time, too, but I again had to
> struggle a bit with git ;)
>
> BTW, it seems that I "accidentally" included syncase-in-boot-9 here,
> as I pulled this to get access to TreeIL for work on TreeIL -- is
> there some way to get rid of it again in my local branch so that it
> can eventually be committed to master (some time in the future)
> without including syncase-in-boot-9?

Looking at the branch history (btw, gitg[0] is quite nice in visualizing
that), I think you can use "git rebase -i master" (having the brainfuck
branch checked out). This will select all commits from the current
(i.e. brainfuck) branch which are not in master already, allows you to
edit/reoder them in $EDITOR and finally replay those on top of master's
HEAD. This will linearize the history, such that directly after the
rebase, "git merge brainfuck" (in master) will be a fast-forward (which
may be desired when finally merging into master).

[0] http://trac.novowork.com/gitg/

HTH, Rotty