Re: Race condition in threading code?

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Race condition in threading code?
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:23:05 -0700

Hi,

On Sat 16 Aug 2008 11:45, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> writes:

> Julian Graham escreveu:
>> Hmmm... I don't recall seeing those when I was writing that test
>> suite.  Just to be clear, were you getting those errors before making
>> your changes?
>
> No, but some very unrelated changes made them go away again.

I still get that error, having merged master into vm. Do you have other
fixes?

The original error that you had, reflowed:

ERROR: srfi-18.test: thread-start!:
  thread activates only after start
   - arguments: ((syntax-error "memoization"
                  "In file ~S, line ~S: ~A ~S in expression ~S."
                  ("/home/lilydev/vc/guile/srfi/srfi-18.scm" 135
                   "Bad binding" ct
                    (let (ct (current-thread))
                    address@hidden (or (hashq-ref thread-exception-handlers ct)
                          (hashq-set! thread-exception-handlers ct
                    (list initial-handler))))) #f))

Bad binding with an address@hidden This would seem to indicate that a
memoized cell was not marked, and was then swept/re-used.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/