Re: _GNU_SOURCE redundant define

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: _GNU_SOURCE redundant define
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 09:54:15 +0200

Hi,

Greg Troxel <address@hidden> writes:

> Are you saying that autoreconf won't recreate config.h.in from
> configure.in after a branch switch?  Is that because git has old
> timestamps on newly-changed files?

Not sure actually.  Well, to make sure, it's best to delete
`config.h.in' and regenerate it, either with `autoreconf' or with
`autoheader'.

To summarize, on `master', `config.h.in' contains this:

  /* Enable GNU extensions on systems that have them.  */
  #ifndef _GNU_SOURCE
  # undef _GNU_SOURCE
  #endif

On `branch_release-1-8', it should not contain this snippet; if it does,
regenerate things until it vanishes.  ;-)

> You're welcome - I'm glad to see people concerned about how guile works
> on BSD, and my copious spare time levels are low, but this seemed high
> leverage.

I think it's really going to be helpful to see more platform build
results.  It's a good tool to help us improve portability, and to make
sure we don't break things.

Thanks,
Ludovic.