Re: GNU Guile 1.8.5 released

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: GNU Guile 1.8.5 released
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 22:19:57 +0200

Hello,

> Alternatively, bug reports can be sent to address@hidden'.  We also
> welcome reports of successful builds, which can be sent to the same
> email address.

Following a suggestion read on `gnu-prog-discuss', I got myself an
account on HP's Test Drive [0].  This allowed me to build Guile on HP-UX
(PA-RISC) with HP's cc and FreeBSD 6.2 (x86) with GCC 3.

On FreeBSD, a few regexp-related tests fail [1], but I haven't dig
further yet.

On HP-UX, the test-suite doesn't run because a stack overflow is hit by
the time `elisp.test' is reached, or at some later point if we remove
it; using "(debug-set! stack 50000)" didn't seem to help much either.
Also needs further investigation, but I'm not sure it's worth being too
proactive on this platform.

Thanks,
Ludovic.

[0] http://www.testdrive.hp.com/