Re: fixes to goops + light structs + 'u' slots

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: fixes to goops + light structs + 'u' slots
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:34:10 +0200

2008/4/16, Andy Wingo <address@hidden>:
> On Sun 13 Apr 2008 21:09, "Mikael Djurfeldt" <address@hidden> writes:
>  I then ran accessor ref tests on objects that necessarily had their slots
>  bound, and thus would go through @assert-bound-ref:
>
>   (3) If the determination can be made that the slot will never be
>       unbound, and we compile to the @assert-bound-ref case, then
>       accessor refs are indeed faster than slot-ref.
> [...]
>  I would speculate, Mikael, that it is case (3) that you are recalling.

Right, although it is, in fact, @slot-ref which is the special form (I
said "@assert-bound-ref" by mistake).  Try the same benchmark
accessing the third or fourth slot.

Regarding Guile vs Python: Python is byte-compiled.  We once had a
byte-compiler "guile-vm" which could have been merged into Guile.
Maybe it's still possible with some work.

Best regards,
Mikael