Re: The Big Switch to Git

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: The Big Switch to Git
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 18:47:40 +0000

> Hmm, I'd prefer adding a `THIS-REPOSITORY-IS-DEAD' marker, as Han-Wen
> suggested.  We should also ask the Savannah hackers what other options
> are available to somehow "hide" the repository without actually deleting
> it.

OK; I'm not wedded to "cvs remove", just want to avoid future
confusion - so let's see what the detailed options are.

>> I think I can go ahead with this at any time, can't I?  In other
>> words: ticking this option won't automatically do anything bad to the
>> existing CVS infrastructure, will it?
>
> Yes, you can do it anytime, and as long as you don't "untick" the "CVS
> Repository" feature, nothing bad will happen.  ;-)

I've done that now, so please feel free to proceed with whatever is
the next step.  Should we announce a temporary moratorium on CVS
commits?  Do people need time to record any work that they have in
progress by doing "cvs diff"s, while the CVS server is still working?

Regards,
        Neil