Re: Guile project page garbage collection

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guile project page garbage collection
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 15:39:02 +0100

Hi,

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> The tools for dealing with this format are available, though; see
> http://gnuvola.org/software/guile-projects/.

OK.

> But in any case, if they contain equivalent information, I guess one
> protocol (HTML) is as good as another (sexp).

Yep, that's what I thought, especially if the latter doesn't buy us much
practically, which I suspect.  After all, we're just talking about 20
entries or so I suppose, not hundreds.

> Do you have something in mind for implementing an automatic
> build/sanity check, or are you implying that project maintainers
> should confirm that their projects still build with 1.6/1.8 before
> resubmitting their entries?

I was thinking about something completely manual: send an email to
`guile-user' explaining the plan, then wait for submissions and
copy/paste them in the page.  We could also be kind enough to explicitly
email individuals when deemed appropriate, although it's not
unreasonable to expect them to hang around `guile-user' IMO.

Thanks,
Ludovic.