Re: SLIB

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: SLIB
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 17:42:51 -0700

Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

> Yep.  Rob worked on that, or on slib.scm loading guile.init at least.
> He checked-in an slib.scm along those lines into the 1.6 branch,
>

> http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/guile/guile-core/ice-9/slib.scm?revision=1.32.2.10&root=guile&view=markup&pathrev=branch_release-1-6
>
> I'm not certain if it covers every possibility, but it does mean current
> and future slib has a good chance of working.  (I've only really nosed
> around this stuff lately to let my lint program work with it.)

Yes, and I had intended for us to add a similar adjustment to 1.8, but
it didn't happen before the release.

Since Aubrey Jaffer seems quite willing to work with us to accommodate
adjustments to guile.init, I had thought that it might be reasonable
to just alter (ice-9 slib) to load guile.init and begin forwarding all
of our changes to him.

--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu