Re: Memoization of `case' and `else'

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Memoization of `case' and `else'
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 01:51:28 +0200

> The "case is hygienic" test case in `syntax.test' looks suspicious to
> me.  Why would the fact that `else' is bound influence the syntax of
> `case'?

Ok, this is because of the definition of `case' in terms of
`syntax-rules' in R5RS (I remember discussing this some time ago on IRC
but I had forgotten the details).

So the test is correct.  Still, the check in `scm_m_case ()' is a bit
costly for what it's worth...

Of Bigloo, Chicken and Scheme48, only Scheme48 implements it properly.

Ludo'.