Re: undefined reference to `scm_init_guile'

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: undefined reference to `scm_init_guile'
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:41:16 +0000

steven mestdagh <address@hidden> writes:

> Neil Jerram [2006-03-10, 22:10:39]:
>>
>> Digging a bit further, this looks like it's caused by
>> HAVE_PTHREAD_ATTR_GETSTACK not being defined.  Can you confirm that
>> when you run ./configure, it says that pthread_attr_getstack can't be
>> found?
>
> no, this function is found, and HAVE_PTHREAD_ATTR_GETSTACK is defined
> in config.h.

OK, so it's HAVE_LIBC_STACK_END that is not defined, then?  When this
is the case, 1.8 leaves scm_init_guile undefined, whereas 1.6 would
use the vast pile of magic in gc_os_dep.c.

Does that sound right?  If it is, I wonder why the change was made to
remove the gc_os_dep.c fallback option; I can't see anything obvious
in the ChangeLog.  (gc_os_dep.c and the necessary scm_get_stack_base()
definitions are still there in 1.8, they're just not used.)

   Neil