Re: i18n, gettext support?

From: Matthias Koeppe
Subject: Re: i18n, gettext support?
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:07:26 +0200

Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

> Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> Maybe
>> the "superfluous argument" error should be disabled when you use @*?
>
> Arguably that'd make sense, but I think common lisp says you have to
> jump to the end.  (Which is why I put that in the docs, under "~*".)

Actually, from the Common Lisp HyperSpec:

| 22.3.10.2 Missing and Additional FORMAT Arguments
|
| The consequences are undefined if no arg remains for a directive
| requiring an argument. However, it is permissible for one or more
| args to remain unprocessed by a directive; such args are ignored.

So maybe the check for superfluous arguments should be disabled in
Guile (whether address@hidden is used or not).  It's not a very important issue,
though; I'd say it's OK do deviate from CL here if it's documented.

--
Matthias Koeppe -- http://www.math.uni-magdeburg.de/~mkoeppe