Re: Manual reorganized

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Manual reorganized
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:36:36 +0200

Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

> Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> So what about deprecating them and providing scm_c_round and
>> scm_c_truncate so that we can eventually use the names scm_round and
>> scm_truncate for the C version of the Scheme procedures round and
>> truncate?  I think that would be the Right Thing.
>
> I would leave them as they are.  The names are unfortunate, but not
> actively harmful.  Transitions, no matter how long they're spread
> over, are always painful and I'd think not worth it in this case.

Yeah, right, I can be a bit deprecation-happy at times... but I still
think we should remove this wart: one can even argue that the names
are somewhat harmful since users might expect the C version of Scheme
'round' to be called 'scm_round'.  This works for nearly any other
function (and should ideally work for every function that has a C
version), but doesn't for 'round'.