Re: anti-spam measures

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: anti-spam measures
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 02:39:51 +0100

Byron Hale <address@hidden> writes:

> I notice that the Guile-developers list does not have any
> identifying header.

Doesn't the header "To: address@hidden" suffice?  Also, we have

            <mailto:address@hidden>

all of which could be used to identify messages to the list.

> Secondarily, I have put restrictive filters on domain name recipients.
> Later I plan to remove my current email address. Before I do that,
> I want to see my lists do something like make it difficult to harvest
> email addresses from lists. That could be by mangling the return
> address so that human intervention was needed.

I don't understand.  Should the list reflector on the GNU machines
mangle your From: header?  Can't you do that yourself when sending to
the list?  The archives hide your email address already.

> Any list that does not adopt these measures will ultimately be dropped.
> I just can't take so much SPAM, 4 or 5 times the volume of email
> that can efficiently be handled..

I use bogofilter with great success.