Re: keyword cleanup patch

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: keyword cleanup patch
Date: 10 Jan 2004 10:18:22 -0600

Richard Todd <address@hidden> writes:

> Why are both syntaxes allowed in this one area, anyway?  I assume
> it's a historical reason?  It's inconsistent with the rest of guile
> (AFAIK) where you have to set a reader option for this behavior.

On the syntax: Emacs Lisp uses plain `:' for keywords; other lisps may
do so as well.  Incidentally, `#:' in front of a symbol in elisp will
prevent its interning. :)

If you're asking why the reader option is on by default ....

--
Stephen Compall or s11 or sirian

Your wise men don't know how it feels
To be thick as a brick.
                -- Jethro Tull, "Thick As A Brick"

S Key offensive information warfare mailbomb NWO bluebird MILSATCOM
asset BLU-114/B cypherpunk PGP Agfa bemd radar Project Monarch
Perl-RSA