Re: Internal defines

From: David Van Horn
Subject: Re: Internal defines
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:50:47 -0600

Tom Lord wrote:
> But I think it is crystal clear (once the subtleties understodd) that if the
> [R5RS] denotational semantics do not support [R5RS] 5.3 then the
> denotational semantics have a bug.

The denotational semantics given by R5RS are for primitive expressions and
selected built-in procedures of the language that the macro system must
transform programs into; it makes no sense for the DS to make mention of
macros and their errors.

The fact that there is no formal semantics for the syntax transformation
language is sad and would be a welcome addition to R6RS, IMO.

-d