Re: setgroups

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: setgroups
Date: 18 Apr 2003 12:31:57 +0200

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> I might add a
>
>      scm_remember_upto_here_1 (group_vec);
>
> here just to be safe, but that might be overkill, depending on what
> SCM_VECTOR_REF does.

The scm_remember_upto_here is not necessary because SCM_VECTOR_REF
returns a SCM, which is properly protected by the conservative
scanning.  Had you used SCM_VELTS, then you would need the
scm_remember_upto_here since SCM_VELTS returns a 'naked' pointer to
the SCM array of the the vector and the conservative scanning knows
nothing about this (it only knows about SCMs).

However, just assuming that the vector holds inums is not OK, I'd say.
You need to use scm_num2ulong and then check that it fits in a gid_t.