Re: bug in syncase

From: Clinton Ebadi
Subject: Re: bug in syncase
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 23:10:17 -0500

On Thursday 14 November 2002 06:59, Dirk Herrmann wrote:
> the separation of memoization and execution is going forward.  However,
> there is one thing that I cannot solve by myself (or at least, which would
> take me too long).  Guile now does not accept the following any more:
>
> guile> define
> ERROR: In procedure expression:
> ERROR: Misplaced syntactic keyword
> ABORT: (misc-error)

That shouldn't be a bug. In every other scheme system that is a perfectly
valid statement since there are no "magic" operators in Scheme. I don't see
the advantage of making it impossible to do things like this. Guile should be
fixed, not syncase.

--
http://unknownlamer.org
The root of unspoken fear