Converting C strings to Guile strings?

From: Dr William Bland
Subject: Converting C strings to Guile strings?
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 09:39:39 +0000

Hello all,
        I'm sure this should be simple, but I can't find it anywhere
in the documentation.  I need to construct a Guile string from a null
terminated C string (i.e. a char*).  All I can find is constructors
that construct a Guile string filled with a specified character.

Also, asuming such a constructor exists, it would be helpful to know if
it copies the contents of the C string, or if the memory is shared between
the C string and the Guile string.

Thanks in advance.
Best wishes,
                Bill.